Monday, July 21, 2014

New Images of Thunderbird 1 From The Upcoming 2015 Series!


     2015 will mark the 50th anniversary of Gerry Anderson's most popular television series; Thunderbirds.  One the big events during 2015 will be the premiere of a brand Thunderbirds series.  This will be a re- imagining of the original series, but unlike the 2004 feature film; this new series has respect for the original source material and its creator.  It's going to feature a combination of miniature effects combined with CGI.  Since this aspect of production is being handled by the globally recognized WETA workshop, I know the show will be amazing.
      The real issue burning in the minds of longtime fans is what the new Thunderbird craft will be like.  Well, we've been given teasing glances at the new hardware incuding an underside shot of TB1 flying by the famous Hollywood sign, but little else.  I recently found an image of the new TB1 appearing as a large display model at a recent licensing and trade show.  This photo shows the craft's topside details.  Interesting features to say the least.   Note what appears to be cockpit canopy details. It really increases my excitement for the premiere.  I just hope the new series will get a proper stateside showing in 2015.  Enjoy!


Official Hollywood Sign Flyby Image

      

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't so sure about those stubby wings at first, but now I see a proper model rather than a CGI I'm warming to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of a proper model; I can't wait for the kits and toys to hit the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope it's better than the movie - although I took the movie for exactly what it was: Little Kids Save The World - Again (with minor adult supervision). Right up there in tone and intensity with Disney's 'Spy Kids', but not as bad as some of the really cheap sci-fi that came out of the '40s and '50s (can you say Republic serials?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, to be fair I'm a Commando Cody fan. Having said that; I have high hopes for the new Thunderbirds series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the old serials too but between Republic and Allied they made a lot of serials and some were really cheesy even for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True. The Phantom Creeps comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete