Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Matchbox Super Kings SRN6 Hovercraft!


    Since purchasing the Dinky hovercraft diecast; I've been on something of a hovercraft kick.  To that end I picked up the 1974 Matchbox Lesney version of the SRN6.  It's about 1/3 smaller than its Dinky cousin, but posesses an identical mechanism that rotates the radar aerial and engine prop. No opening hatches though.  I do like the blue and white colour scheme it's sporting.  This toy was part of the Matchbox Super Kings lineup making it roughly twice the size of a standard Matchbox diecast. It's nice, but feels somewhat less robust in terms of construction when compared to the Dinky model. I'll let the photos do the real talking.  Enjoy!







For comparison with the Dinky SRN6

6 comments:

  1. Even though its a tad smaller it's still nice looking model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. To complete my hovercraft mania I'm in an Ebay auction for the Dinky Military hovercraft. That would certainly complete my hovercraft collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...memories...like Concord; Tomorrows world, yesterday! I went on one once when I was quite small, we had a primary-school trip to...er...France? Isle of Wight?...very noisy, very rough and while it had cabin staff like a jet-liner, the fittings were more troop-carrier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous Hugh. What an experience to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I have a Hoover Craft from 1974, it has a blue top. with white, and a white bottom. Do you know if this is rare, and what it would be priced at? vanislmorningstar@hotmail.com I live n western Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I have a Hoover Craft from 1974, it has a blue top. with white, and a white bottom. Do you know if this is rare, and what it would be priced at? vanislmorningstar@hotmail.com I live n western Canada.

    ReplyDelete