Sunday, October 5, 2014

Alpha: 2014 Model Display Video!


     I had a nice Skype chat with Mike Burrows in the UK today in which we discussed the Alpha:  2014 convention celebrating all things Space:  1999.  Mike reports that is was an excellent event and a great time was had by all guests and attendees.  Although I couldn't attend, I found this great Youtube video of the model display.  It's easy to see why the event was so successful.  Many original miniatures, costumes, and sets on display.  Lets not leave out excellent guest such as actor Nick Tate  (chief astronaut Alan Carter) and actress Catherine Schell (gorgeous alien shape shifter Maya).  Gerry Anderson's phenomenal 70s space epic has maintained a strong fan following right into the 21st century and I couldn't be happier.  The Youtube video was put together by master modeler David Sisson.  Enjoy!


video

1 comment:

  1. Thats one cool poster Will. I'm not a Space 1999 fan but I recognise that poster style, its the same as the weekly comic I got as a youngster called Look In in the early 1970's. My favourite strip and cover were the Kung Fu ones with David Carradine. I still have the free Dragon pin somewhere! Hiiii Ya!

    ReplyDelete